HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The Greater Huntsville Humane Society (GHHS) will host the 3rd Annual Community Day in an effort to help lower the cost of maintaining pet health.
On Saturday July 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., GHHS will offer the following services:
• Chip-a-thon: Microchipped for $15 per pet, supported by PetHealth
• Pet Wellness Clinic: Rocket City Veterinary Hospital to Offer Discounted Routine Pet Care
including vaccines and preventatives.
• Opportunities for sterilization and sterilization: Vouchers will be available for the North Alabama Spay & Neuter Clinic
• King’s Kitchen Distribution: The distribution of animal feed is accessible to people currently registered with the
shelter program and/or those who may need occasional help.
• FURever Locks: Adopters are encouraged to add to the GHHS symbolic art installation
The Humane Society is hosting the event in honor of National Lost Pet Prevention Month.
Spencer Batcheller, CEO of GHHS, says they look forward to serving their community in this capacity and doing what they do best: caring for pets.
“The community of Huntsville provides incredible support to our organization throughout the year,” Batcheller said. “And Community Day allows us to give back to those in need, promoting our mission of humane treatment and the welfare of all animals.”
There will also be a training ambassador at the event to provide guidance and education on pet training, and the HIPPEA Camper food truck will be selling food starting at 11 a.m.
In addition to all care and services, GHHS will offer $100 adoptions and a pet wash station in partnership with COLSA.
For more information about the event, you can look at herlter website here, or call 256-881-8081.
Suggest a fix