Truck driver

A truck driver who fatally hit a woman in the head more than 20 times with an electric jigsaw has been sentenced to life in prison

A ‘nasty’ truck driver who fatally hit a woman in the head more than 20 times with an electric jigsaw has been sentenced to life in prison.

On May 9 last year, 64-year-old Neculai Paizan brutally murdered 20-year-old Agnes Akom in her converted shipping container home before dragging her body to a wooded area in northwestern London.

On June 14, more than a month after her disappearance and after her concerned boyfriend, with whom she shared a flat in Cricklewood, reported her missing, the Metropolitan Police discovered Ms Akom’s remains in a shallow grave in the Neasden Recreation Ground.

Police recently released a photo of the grave where Ms Akom’s horribly decomposed body was discovered a month after Paizan dumped her there.

She had been wrapped in a black plastic bag and placed under a pile of logs and branches with a rope tied around her neck.

The judge said Paizan, of Kensington, had not shown ‘an iota of regret’ and sentenced him to life in prison with a minimum of 22 years after an Old Bailey jury found him guilty guilty.

Following her lies about her, including her claims that she was a sex worker and that she had poisoned him with iced coffee, Ms Akom’s family accused him of “dragging her in the mud” after the verdict.

The man from Romania had said that immediately after she gave him an iced coffee to get him high, he discovered Ms Akom dead inside the shipping container.

According to court testimony, Ms Akom left her home on Cricklewood Broadway early on May 9 and informed her partner that she had left for work.

Paizan had been spotted with Ms Akom on several occasions in the months leading up to her murder, and she had already made several trips in her shipping container.

Paizan had texted her between 10 and 11 a.m. that day before picking her up in his silver Dacia Sandero outside Costa Coffee.

They then headed to his shipping container in Brent from there.

CCTV recorded the events. “At 11.47 a.m., the accused and Miss Akom got out of the car and walked to the utility yard next to Lennox Autos and towards the container,” the prosecution’s Jacob Hallam QC told the jury.

They both entered and closed the door. This happened at 11:49 a.m. Miss Akom was last seen at this location.

About half an hour later, CCTV saw Paizan casually washing his hands and cleaning up the bloodstains after stepping out of the container to use a tap.

He was observed removing items from the container shortly after 3:30 p.m. and loading them into the trunk of his vehicle.

He later threw Ms. Akom’s white fur coat, her clothes, her pink slippers and the power tool covered in her blood and hair in a nearby dump.

Later, he was seen dragging a “big white thing” to his car, which he left outside his residence on Peel Street overnight.

The next day he drove to Neasden Recreation Ground, where he was discovered dragging his body through the wooded area after stuffing it in a wheelie bin.

In the days that followed, Paizan made five trips to the park to collect the body while telling his son that he intended to return to Romania.

The young Hungarian coffin maker was reported missing that evening, but it was not until June 14, a week before her 21st birthday, that her horribly decomposed body, with its head in a black plastic bag, was found .

Nine days after she was last seen alive, Paizan was taken into custody and later charged with her murder.

Through police investigation, officers found Ms. Akom’s last known whereabouts in Paizan’s rental container.

Despite “vigorous attempts” to clean it, an examination of the container revealed significant traces of blood consistent with the victim.

The accused’s car also contained Ms. Akom’s blood.

The bloodstained puzzle with Ms. Akom’s hair tangled, along with her clothes, had been wrapped up and thrown into a dumpster.

Paizan initially told police he had killed Ms Akom in ‘self-defence’ but later changed his account when testifying to the jury at his trial.

The driver of a Paizan cement mixer admitted moving the body but denied killing the girl he knew as Dora.

He said in his defense that an iced coffee drugged him before he became disoriented.

The judge dismissed his allegation as “absolutely ridiculous” because he claimed to have found her lifeless body after climbing out of the cargo container for air.

After discovering her advocating for change in a grocery store parking lot, he said he learned to love her “like a daughter.”

The evidence, however, seemed to indicate that he had taken advantage of her gullibility and sought her out with the promise of money.

The jury were shown photos Paizan had taken of Ms Akom partially clothed at their 54 meetings in the year before the murder.

Ms Akom’s mother discussed her daughter’s move to Britain with boyfriend Peter Lenart for a ‘new life’ in a victim impact statement.

On reading the young couple’s testimony, the prosecutor, Jake Hallam QC, said the defendant’s actions had “completely extinguished” their hopes.

According to Ms Akom’s mother, Paizan “presented himself as a victim” to the jury and “dragged his name through the mud after his death”.

But he’s the one lying, she said.

Agnes Bonczi, her mother, had clashed with her the day before her brutal murder and had not seen her since moving to the UK.

Due to Paizan’s conduct, she claimed, she “never had the chance to tell Agnes that she still loved her”.

The court also heard that Ms Akom had started writing a letter to her grandson, who had been placed in foster care, just before her death.

Her companion, Mr Lenart, detailed in his press release the difficulties encountered by the couple in Great Britain because of their youth and the “lack of money”.

I must have heard Paizan say that Agnes slept with 15 or 20 people a day – these are unbelievably terrible comments,’ he added, describing how Paizan’s lies to the jury added to his grief.

These things were not done by her. She was not a client of prostitution.

“She was my partner, my greatest friend and my love.” He took advantage of his weaknesses and knew it.

He was the last person to touch her when it should have been me, and he was the last to stroke her hair when it should have been me, the speaker added.

London Common Sergeant Judge Richard Marks handed down a life sentence to the man, saying: ‘We can only speculate what really happened there and why you did what you have done.

Tragically, she didn’t live to tell the story, leaving the jury and the court with only your story, which the jury unsurprisingly rejected because it was clearly false.

She’s about 5-foot-5 and eight and a half stone lighter than you physically are.

“For reasons only known to you, you launched into a vicious attack by hitting her over the head at least twenty times with a hand-held power tool, an electric jigsaw using at least moderate force and it was quite a heavy object and you also caused him a broken nose which the pathologist said required severe force.

She had no defensive wounds, so you must have caught her off guard and even stopped her from trying to defend herself by raising her arms.

The scene must have been shocking. There was some considerable bleeding from this incident.

“You then began extensive training in an attempt to cover up what you had done.”

It is apparent from your detailed testimony that you completely denied what you did in the violent explosion that took the life of this young girl at the age of 20.

These are horribly terrible acts committed in your name.

“Why did this happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible, and just like you would say to the cops, “Don’t touch me,” she ordered.

She advised me to leave her alone because she didn’t feel like it and wasn’t in the mood. “Or maybe you felt used because she kept stalking you for money and you got sick of it.

He sentenced Paizan to a life sentence with a minimum of 22 years in prison, saying he had not shown “an iota of regret”.

Due to the nature of his crime, Paizan had been attacked three times while incarcerated, and the court heard mitigating evidence that he was at risk of perishing in prison.

The judge also praised Metropolitan Police detectives for their “excellent” job in arresting Paizan.

“Our sympathies go out to the family and friends of Agnes, who not only suffered from her loss, but also had to endure hearing the horrors of her murder during this trial,” the Detective Inspector said. Chief Neil John of Scotland Yard.

Paizan attacked Agnes with a truly gruesome level of brutality. It’s unthinkable what she endured in the container.

Although it is unclear why he killed her that day, his efforts to cover up the crime in the hours and days that followed indicate a deliberate effort to ensure that not only Agnes would never be found, but also that he would not be arrested.

“In an effort to discredit Agnes during her testimony at the Old Bailey, Paizan made up a number of stories.

Our investigation and what we know of Agnes leads us to believe that, when she was most vulnerable, he blatantly lied to the jury about her background and personal circumstances.

It’s possible that he took advantage of her weaknesses to mistreat her, which ultimately led to her murder.

↯↯↯Read more on the subject on TDPel Media ↯↯↯